Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's talk about breast pads

Heh, let's see how well I do trying to type this while holding a sleeping baby!
I've been adding a bunch of nursing pads. Why? Because they're easy to make & I can get them up quickly! I have to say that I wear ones that I've made- in fact, they're the only ones I wear. After I had Roman, I wore cloth ones I bought from Babies R Us (I wasn't really so familiar w/ Etsy yet!). They were bulky but I didn't know any differently. And I wasn't even aware of disposable ones! :P Seriously. Maybe it was the new Mom induced haze? Not that I would have bought them anyways.
Anyway, I dutifully washed the 3 pairs I had in the little laundry bag that they came with. I thought that's what I had to do! However, after a few months, I realized that I couldn't always do that. And guess what? They survived! I actually still have them although I never wear them. I'm not sure why I still have them. The pads I've made have NEVER been washed in a special little bra/delicates/laundry bag or anything. I'm actually pretty rough w/ them. They get worn a ton & washed a ton & have held up fabulously. Really. The edges fray, although that obviously doesn't affect how well they work. And they honestly do really mold to your breasts.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment