Monday, September 21, 2009

Fantastic Diaper Rash remedy!

We've been battling this terrible rash on Roman for ages. He always gets baking soda baths but then I suddenly thought of oatmeal (why I didn't think of it before, I have no clue!). So I looked it up & found that I needed to pour the oats in a blender or food processor to grind it up. This is so it doesn't clog the tub drain. I dumped a ton in my food processor & then put it in a tupperware container. And that's when I was thought of combining the ground up oats w/ baking soda! Eureka! So I poured some baking soda in the container & shook. I keep it in Roman's bathroom, so I can just shake some into the bathtub. The water looks pretty dirty from the oatmeal but I couldn't get over how soft Roman's skin was when he got out. We gave him these baths every day & I noticed the rash really clearing up after the 2nd or 3rd day. It's now all gone but I'll continue to use it in his bath.

I just used regular, ol' oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment